Update a .gitignore file with default patterns.
What is "Update"?
Update is a new, open-source developer framework for automating updates of any kind to code projects. All actual updating is done plugins called "updaters", like this one.
For more information:
- Visit the update project
- Visit the update documentation
- Find updaters on npm (help us author updaters)
What does updater-gitignore do?
Most updaters do one specific thing. This updater add a
.gitignore file or replaces the
.gitignore file in the current working directory using a template defined by you in
~/templates/_gitignore (user home on your system), or the generic template in this project's templates directory.
If you haven't already installed update globally, you can do that now with the following command:
$ npm install --global update
update to your system path, allowing it to be run from any directory.
Install this module with the following command:
$ npm install --global updater-gitignore
Make sure your work is committed, then run the updater's
default task with the following command:
$ update gitignore
What will happen?
$ update gitignore command, this updater's
default task will be executed, which replaces the
.gitignore file in the cwd with the
~/templates/_gitignore template defined by you, or the default templates found in templates/_gitignore in this repository.
(Note that all dotfile templates are prefixed with an underscore to prevent programs from mistaking them as real files)
Visit the documentation for tasks.
- generate: Command line tool and developer framework for scaffolding out new GitHub projects. Generate offers the… more | homepage
- updater-license: Update the copyright statement and year in a MIT
LICENSEfile. | homepage
- updater-travis: Update .travis.yml based on preferences. | homepage
Are you using Update in your project? Have you published an updater and want to share your Update project with the world? Here are some suggestions:
- If you get like Update and want to tweet about it, please use the hashtag
- Get implementation help on StackOverflow (please use the
updatejstag in questions)
- Gitter Discuss Update with us on Gitter
- If you publish an updater, thank you! To make your project as discoverable as possible, please add the keyword
Pull requests and stars are always welcome. For bugs and feature requests, please create an issue.
Install dev dependencies:
$ npm install -d && npm test
This file was generated by verb, v0.9.0, on July 26, 2016.