UI Options Plus (UIO+)
User Interface Options Plus (UIO+) allows you to customize websites to match your own personal needs and preferences. Settings for the adaptations can be set via the UIO+ adjuster panel.
The following adaptations are supported:
- Character Space
- Enhance Inputs
- Line Space
- Reading Mode
- Right-Click to Select
- Selection Highlight
- Table of Contents
- Text-to-Speech (only for selected text)
- Word Space
Note: The ability to apply an adaptation will vary from page to page
UI Options Plus is the result of a joint effort of the Inclusive Design Research Centre at OCAD University and the Trace R&D Center at University of Maryland under funding for the FLOE Project from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation and the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR), Administration for Community Living under grant #90RE5027.
Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for details about our contribution process.
Building the extension
Install grunt-cli globally:
npm install -g grunt-cli
Install required dependencies:
This will generate a
dist directory at the root of the project. This is used when creating a published version, and
can also be run as an unpacked extension.
Run the node-based tests:
Run the browser-based tests:
NOTE: Browser tests should be served through a web server. The exact URL may vary.
All tests with reports
Run all the tests and generate reports which can be viewed in the browser from the "reports" directory:
# run on the host machinenpm test# run in a vagrant vmnpm run test:vagrant
Trying UIO+ in the browser
Follow these steps if you want to use the unpacked version of the extension:
- Visit chrome://extensions in your Chrome browser. Alternatively, open Chrome's menu by clicking the icon to the far right of the Omnibox; the menu's icon is three horizontal bars. Select Extensions under the Tools menu to open Chrome's extension settings.
- Ensure that the Developer mode checkbox in the top right-hand corner is checked.
- Click Load unpacked extension to open a file-selection dialog.
- Navigate to the directory in which your local copy of the extension lives, and select the
NOTE: Published versions can be installed from the Chrome Web Store.