textlint rule to find filler words, buzzwords and clichés — 1600+ words and phrases in English.
- and etc.
- the month of
- thick as a brick
(You can disable some words or add your own.)
npm install textlint-rule-stop-words
textlint --fix --rule stop-words Readme.md
You can configure the rule in your
"rules":"stop-words":// Load default dictionary (see dict.txt in the repository)"defaultWords": true// Syntax elements to skip. Overrides the default"skip": "Blockquote"// Extra words"words":"etc.""you can"// Excluded words"exclude":"utilize""period of time"// OR load terms from a file"words": "~/stop-words.txt"
Tips & tricks
Use textlint-filter-rule-comments to disable stop-words check for particular paragraphs:
- Grammar & Writing for Creators
- 297 Flabby Words and Phrases That Rob Your Writing of All Its Power
Other textlint rules
- textlint-rule-apostrophe — correct apostrophe usage
- textlint-rule-diacritics — words with diacritics
- textlint-rule-terminology — correct terms spelling
- textlint-rule-title-case — fix titles to use AP/APA style
The change log can be found on the Releases page.
Everyone is welcome to contribute. Please take a moment to review the contributing guidelines.
This software has been developed with lots of coffee, buy me one more cup to keep it going.
Authors and license
MIT License, see the included License.md file.