SuttaCentral Voice adapter for Bilara
Open a Linux terminal window and change to the directory
where you want to install
scv-bilara. For example:
mkdir -p ~/dev cd ~/dev
If you haven't installed git yet on your computer, follow this instruction: https://github.com/git-guides/install-git.
git clone https://github.com/sc-voice/scv-bilara cd scv-bilara ./scripts/install
The installation script has been known to fail if it cannot install NodeJS v10.17.0. If you encounter this, install NodeJS v10.17.0 manually and repeat the installation above.
scv-bilara works with the
sc-voice/bilara-data fork of
scv-bilara with any other fork of
bilara-data, simply clone
the desired repository into the
local subdirectory before using any scripts. Notice that
any existing bilara-data must be removed.
rm -rf local/bilara-data git clone https://github.com/suttacentral/bilara-data local/bilara-data
For those who prefer Git over SSH:
rm -rf local/bilara-data git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:suttacentral/bilara-data local/bilara-data
Scriptable linux command-line utility that searches for suttas by id, phrase or keyword in multiple languages (e.g., pli, en, de). Output result formats include: human-readable, CSV, or JSON. Search patterns can be:
- SuttaCentral ids search by sutta and/or segment id. E.g.: "mn1", "an1.2-15", "mn1,mn3", "mn1:1.1"
- phrase search looks for matching phrase. E.g: "nandi dukkha"
- keyword search looks for matching keywords. E.g.: "blue red white"
- romanized search ignores Pali diacriticals. E.g., "ananda"
./scripts/search nandi dukk
For more information,
Scv-bilara normally clones
using HTTPS authentication. This may become annoying to enter username/password
for every scv-bilara script that authenticates with Github. You can also use
Github SSH authentication
to painlessly avoid username/password entry. To use SSH authentication,
you'll need to use
bilara-auth ssh. We recommend SSH authentication
unless you like typing your username/password a lot.
And if you choose SSH authentication, we recommend using an ssh-agent
so that you don't have to keep typing in the passphrase:
eval `ssh-agent -s`; ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa
branch SUTTA LANG TRANSLATOR
Create a Github bilara-data branch for working on an unpublished translation.
For more information, './scripts/bilara-auth --help'
Merge the contents of the unpublished SUTTA branch into
Upon success, delete the merged SUTTA branch, which will be empty of changes.
- BilaraData abstraction for the bilara-data container itself
- BilaraPath utility for parsing file paths local to bilara-data
- DETranslation wrapper for Anagarika Sabbamitta's German translations
- English FuzzyWordSet that recognizes English words
- FuzzyWordSet Determines set membership by prefix matching
- MLDoc Multilingual segmented document
- Pali FuzzyWordSet that recognizes Pali words
Seeker Search engine. See
- SegDoc Single-language segmented document
- SuttaCentralId utility for matching and parsing SuttaCentral Ids
- Unicode multilingual helper