(documentation under construction, check back for regular updates)
Turns nodejs into a P2P data-storage cluster with automatic replication/synchronizing between nodes. Oase easily integrates into your EXPRESS application by use of express middleware modules. High level of control/configuration from with the use many callback functions and event notifications.
Oase contains a collection of EXPRESS middleware that lets you:
- Abstract the physical locations of files by turning a group of nodes into a data storage cluster.(DONE)
- Automatic P2P replication of files and changes to file between node clusters.(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
- Uniquely identifies files by a sha256 hash. (DONE)
- Has rudemntary Content management (PLANNED).
- DDOS protection. (PLANNED)
- Load balancing between nodes of the cluster. (PLANNED)
- Monitor the OS system usage Disk-IO,Network,CPU, only for Linux (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
stand alone usage of middleware
Some express middleware can be used standalone:
- Oase-session: P2P session management without the need for central session-key storage. (TODO)
- Oase-session-facebook: facebook authentication Extention to Oase-session withouht the need for clientside JS scripts.
- Oase-sysmon: Monitors CPU/Network/Disk-IO usage (Linux only)
- More are planned, subscribe to our email list.
what can you do with Oase
- Create distributed replicated websites with failover and redudenency.
- Save bandwidth by replicate media content with a node installed on heroku free website, and serve it from there.
Table of contents
- Architectural overview
- OASE , the storage abstraction layer
- Express Middlewares
- io interconnect
- load balancer
- DDOS defense
- session management
- social media plugins
- Roadmap for the future.
1 Architectural Overview
2 OASE, the storage abstraction layer
3 Exress Middlewares
3.1 Web drive middleware
3.2 IO interconnect middleware
3.3 Load balancer middleware
3.4 DDOS defense middleware
3.5 Session manegement middleware
3.5.1 social media authentication plugins
5. Roadmap for the future
Copyright (c) 2016 Jacob Bogers
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.