Node Path Finding
This is a Node.JS implementation for AStar path finding algorithm. This implementation uses primitive data types (Number and Byte/Buffer) to present location and block data that significantly improve the speed and have a good control on memory consumption
npm install node-pathfinding
- This module uses much less runtime memory then other node path finding module I can find on the net
- Simple code, easy to change and extend
- The max size of map is limited to 65535 x 65535
- Does not support negtive location
How To Use
var array2d buf grid height path pathfinding width;pathfinding = ;array2d = 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0;width = 4;height = 5;// generate grid from 2D arraybuf = pathfinding;grid = pathfinding;path = pathfinding;console;// print the pathconsole;// output:// path:65536,131072,131073,196609,196610,196611,196612,131076,65540// path on grid :[Grid(width=4, height=5)]// Dump: ░=walkable, ▓=blocked// ▓S1░// ░▓23// ░░▓4// ▓▓░5// ▓E76
- BrickLoc: To reduce memory usage and use less Object instances, each dot(node, point) in the given map is represented by an 32bit uint, which is composed by
x << 16 | y
- Map Buffer: The map is presented by a Buffer, column by row. Each dot(node, point) is a bit in the Buffer. 0 means walkable, 1 means blocked.
Performance and Memory Consumption
it does a continuous test of pathfinding on some map fixtures, and the vm memory recycled correctly.