Create and build React web applications with zero initial configuration and minimal fuss.
Neo bakes in the best-of-the-bunch configurations and setup to make developing React-based sites quicker and easier. It is not just another React boilerplate, rather Neo gives you a single development dependency enabling you to develop, test, and build which let's you hit the ground running.
- React, Redux, React Router
- ESLint, Babel, ES2015 + modules, Stage 0 preset
- Tests and coverage with Karma, Mocha, Chai, and Enzyme
- Bootstrap 4 and Sass
- Travis CI
- Node.js v4+ and npm
To view a sample application which contains the initial output of Neo after
init, check out eliperelman/neo-example.
Initialize empty project
npm install -g mozilla-neomkdir <project-name> && cd <project-name>neo init # and follow the prompts
mkdir -p <project-name>/node_modules && cd <project-name>npm install mozilla-neonode_modules/.bin/neo init # and follow the prompts
→ create package.json→ create src/→ create tests/→ create .gitignore→ create .travis.yml→ create LICENSE→ create README.md
Install in existing project
npm install --save-dev mozilla-neo
Make changes to configuration by following the scaffold init guide.
- Add code to
src/and tests to
- Build and watch changes in
- Lint and build the project with
npm run build.
- Run tests with
- Support deeply-nested test files in
- Support importing modules relative to
- Added support for building projects using Node.js v4+
- Added support for JSON loading
- Removed Elm from being "baked in"
- Added support for web workers via worker-loader
- Updated a few dependencies
config/eslint.jsin favor of
src/app.jsinto project for easy customization and removal
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/mozilla/neo/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/mozilla/neo
- Code of Conduct: Adapted from Rust CoC
Note: There is currently a bug in npm from being able to run the
command in this repo in development. As a workaround, make sure you are using a npm 3.8.9 or less.
If you are having issues, please let us know.
Join our Slack community at https://neo-slack.herokuapp.com/.
We also have an IRC channel
#neo on Mozilla IRC.
This project is licensed under the Mozilla Public License v2.0