Yet another HomeBridge plugin for the IKEA Trådfri Gateway.
There are several other npm modules that connect to the IKEA Trådfri Gateway.
First, install Homebridge. See https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge for more information.
Then install this plugin.
$ sudo npm install homebridge-ikea-tradfri-gateway -g
If you are having permission problems during install, try this
$ sudo npm install homebridge-ikea-tradfri-gateway -g --unsafe-perm
Configure your ~/.homebridge/config.json with the following platform.
"bridge":"name": "Trådfri""username": "AA:22:3D:E3:CE:57""port": 51826"pin": "031-45-123""description": "This is an example configuration file""platforms":"platform": "Ikea Trådfri Gateway""name": "Ikea Trådfri Gateway""securityCode" : "this-is-found-on-the-back-of-the-gateway""expose": "lightbulbs" "outlets" "blinds"
You can also only expose non-IKEA devices (which are not exposed to HomeKit with the native integration) with:
"expose: ["non-ikea-lightbulbs", "non-ikea-outlets", "non-ikea-blinds"]
This module auto detects the ip address of the IKEA gateway. If by some reason you would like to access a specific gateway, merge the following into ~/.homebridge/config.json.
What This Plugin Does
This plugin simply extracts all lightbulbs, outlets and blinds currently in use by the IKEA Trådfri Gateway and exposes them to HomeKit and you have the ability to turn the devices on or off. And, of course, you may change the device names and group them into rooms on your iPhone or iPad.
The following IKEA devices are supported
- Standard white bulbs
- RGB bulbs
- Warm white bulbs with temperature control
After this, start homebridge, scan the presented code with your iPhone, and hopefully you will se all you IKEA lightbulbs in your iPhone/iPad Home app.
- Support motion sensors and remote controls if possible
- Handle reboot or connection break of gateway
- 2018-01-29 - Can now have accessories with the same name in the IKEA app
- 2018-02-04 - Updated to work with gateway version 1.3.14. The security code must now be present in ~/.homebrige/config.json.
- 2019-01-19 - Added support for outlets.
- 2019-08-19 - Added support for blinds.
- 2019-08-25 - Added support for auto detecting the IKEA gateway. The host property in ~/.homebridge/config.json is no longer required.
- 2019-11-27 - Added support for non IKEA devices.