A tool for attempting to recover Ethereum addresses from incorrectly input seed phrases.
- Attempts to compare an entered seed phrase against detected possible spelling errors.
- Generates accounts for each valid seed phrase variation up to a defined depth.
- Checks for accounts with any ethereum balance in that depth.
- If an account with a balance is found, the valid mnemonic is returned.
- The module is an event emitter for easy introspection into its attempt cycle.
const Guesser =const Eth =const eth = ''const input = ' travel funny ocean erupt srader whale mandate timber scoter escout actress elbow'const getBalance = ethgetBalanceconst guesser =phrase: inputgetBalance: getBalanceguesser// Track events!guesser
Building the web interface
One detail: You'll have to remove the line of
node_modules/spell/spell.js that references
readFileSync, since that is not available in browser.
npm install, assuming you have browserify installed globally (
npm install browserify -g) you should be able to build with
npm run build.