Generate docs from your source
This plugin requires Grunt
Once you're familiar with that process, you may install this plugin with this command:
npm install grunt-literate --save-dev
The "literate" task
In your project's Gruntfile, add a section named
literate to the data object passed into
/** ... comments extracted to the destination file.
This example uses markdown, but you are free to use any format, or even just plain text.
boolean code = false, whether to include code parts or not
Comments starting with triple slash
/// are directive comments. Currently supported directives are:
includefilename: include process filename here.
plainfilename: include filename here, without any processing, as is.
It's easy to start, you only need to configure
Gruntfile.js in the repository for the real example.
In lieu of a formal styleguide, take care to maintain the existing coding style.
Add unit tests for any new or changed functionality.
Lint and test your code using Grunt.
Make a pull request, but don't commit
- 0.2.0 Split out
- Library is in ljs package now
- 0.1.5 Maintenance release
- Updated dependencies
- Added note about beautiful docs
- 0.1.4 Usage as executable and library
- also you may use glob patterns in directives
- 0.1.3 Directives
- 0.1.2 Newline improvements
- Newline at the end of comment
- Only one newline at the end of generated file
- 0.1.1 Fix issue with unindenting
- 0.1.0 Initial release
Copyright Oleg Grenrus 2013
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. * Neither the name of Oleg Grenrus nor the names of other contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.