Ghost Theme Check
Checks Ghost themes for errors, deprecations, best practices and looks to see which features are supported. Aims to generate a compatibility report and feature listing for themes.
npm install ghost-theme-check
To run a local directory through the checks:
To run a local zip file through the checks:
gtc /path/to/theme.zip -z
You can run a web interface for uploading a zip file:
Then navigate to
http://localhost:2369, and use the form to upload your file
- Errors: these are issues which will cause your theme to not work properly. These must be fixed.
- Warnings: these are usually related to deprecated features. These should be fixed.
- Recommendations: these are advisories about best practice. Fixing these will improve your theme.
- Features: detected features which may impact on compatibility. Nothing to do :)
Still To Do:
- Support for running the checks against a GitHub repository
- Many, many more checks
- Detailed advice for each check/result
- Compatibility report
- Feature listing