Code Deck is a Yeoman generator for creating code-based slideshow presentations. It was built because HTML slideshows are awesome, but they take too long to make. With Code Deck, your project is automatically set up so you can focus on presenting great content.
See an example of a presentation built with Code Deck.
- Once you have the "Prerequistes" installed, run
npm install -g generator-code-deckto install the Code Deck Yeoman generator.
cdto the directory where you want to generate your presentation.
yo code-deckand answer the prompts.
src/images/logo.pngwith your own logo.
- Edit the data in
Refer to the RevealJS documentation for more options.
Before using Code Deck, you need to install a few things if you don't have them already...
- Node: download
npm install -g bower.
npm install -g yo.
npm install -g grunt-cli.
gem install sass.
If you run into any problems, you may need to use the
sudo command or reclaim ownership of your
- Yeoman generator for automatic customized presentation setup.
- RevealJS for slide animations and functionality.
- Grunt tasks for easy development and a shareable
- BrowserSync for live style and content injections during development.
- Sass variables for easy branding/theming.
- Handlebars templates for automatic slide creation from the data in
- HighlightJS for easy code syntax highlighting inside of
- Yeoman templates now include user's GitHub data out-of-the-box.
- Added a screencast tutorial.
- Added an example.
- Providing example slide content in
- Cleaning up and updating README.
- Moving all content to the
data.jsfor easier editing.
- Creating a
sectiontemplate which is re-used for each
- Public release
Built with ♡ by @trevordmiller.