Yeoman generator for Azure Service Fabric CSharp projects
npm install -g yo npm install -g generator-azuresfcsharp
The commands might ask for root access. Please run them with
sudo, if needed.
Then generate your new project:
You can have a look at our documentation to understand how can you build and deploy the generated Service Fabric C# application
Getting To Know Yeoman
- Yeoman has a heart of gold.
- Yeoman is a person with feelings and opinions, but is very easy to work with.
- Yeoman can be too opinionated at times but is easily convinced not to be.
- Feel free to learn more about Yeoman.
MIT Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
This project welcomes contributions and suggestions. Most contributions require you to agree to a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) declaring that you have the right to, and actually do, grant us the rights to use your contribution. For details, visit https://cla.microsoft.com.
When you submit a pull request, a CLA-bot will automatically determine whether you need to provide a CLA and decorate the PR appropriately (e.g., label, comment). Simply follow the instructions provided by the bot. You will only need to do this once across all repos using our CLA.
Steps to contribute
Once you have figured out all the legalities above, you can follow the steps below -
- Create a fork of this repository
- Git clone the forked repository to your development box
- Make the changes
- You can update your local Yeo using
sudo npm linkas required) at the project root-level
- Create a new project with
yo azuresfcsharp(ensure it picks Yeo node-module bits from your local changes)
- Validate that changes are working as expected and not breaking anything regressively - following the steps mentioned in the documentation by creating, building and deploying the generated project on a Service Fabric cluster
- Raise a pull request and share with us
Debugging generator using vscode
- Open the repository's root folder in VScode.
- Run the command
which yoand update the program's value in launch.json if it does not match with yours.
- Press F5 to start debugging.