- Folder is structured in a modlet way, e.g. putting the view and its corresponding viewModel in the same folder.
- Subgenerators for service/components/pages.
- No longer download from the Skeleton App first, templates are local.
- Only support ES6 for now.
- Include CSS / LESS for modlets.
- Support other project types from the Skeleton App template.
- Find a more elegant way to do routes for sub folders.
This is a Yeoman Generator for the Skeleton App of the Aurelia platform. It sets up a standard navigation-style app using gulp to build your ES6 code with Babel. Karma/Jasmine testing is configured as well.
For more info please visit the official site: http://www.aurelia.io/
This generator will use JSPM, Aurelias package manager of choice, which performs GitHub queries to install semver packages, but GitHub has a rate limit on anonymous API requests. It is advised that you configure jspm with your GitHub credentials in order to avoid problems. You can do this by executing
jspm registry config github and following the prompts. If you choose to authorize jspm by an access token instead of giving your password (see GitHub Settings > Personal Access Tokens),
public_repo access for the token is required.
Running The App
The recent update will take care of running
jspm installafter downloading the boilerplate app, so this shortens the process to get up and running.
- Install all necessary components
npm install -g yo generator-aurelia-es6 gulp jspm
- Create a new project folder and move into it in the terminal
mkdir YOUR_PROJECT_NAMEcd YOUR_PROJECT_NAME
- Execute the following command
- To run the app, execute the following command:
- Browse to http://localhost:9000 to see the app. You can make changes in the code found under
srcand the browser should auto-refresh itself as you save files.
Update the skeleton jspm dependencies
If you're inside your skeleton folder you can run the following command to update your installation and get the latest versions of the dependencies used:
Command line options
yo aurelia --skip-install will skip the npm and jspm install.
yo aurelia --proxy=http://my.proxy:8080 will install the skeleton app resepecting the given proxy settings
Creating a new page
In order to create a new Aurelia Page just enter the following command inside your project root:
yo aurelia:page YOURPAGENAME
Creating a new component
Components are very similar to pages at the moment, more difference will come later.
yo aurelia:component YOURCOMPONENTNAME
Creating a new service
yo aurelia:service YOURSERVICENAME
If you get an error like
Error: spawn git ENOENTwhen executing the yo command, you should check whether GIT is installed and accessible from the command line
This will create a View and ViewModel with the given name inside the
Thanks to Vildan Softic for generator-aurelia, it's so awesome that I'm forking it