This project is a fork of https://github.com/naturalatlas/node-gdal that:
- Updates native dependencies (GDAL/PROJ/GEOS) to latest versions
- Updates the build system/JS/prebuilds for newer versions of node
- Adds support for more formats
- GPKG, sqlite, OSM, MBTiles, MVT
Geometry.fromGeoJsonto parse GeoJSON easily
See the ROADMAP for more info about the future of this fork. All thanks and credit goes to the original maintainers!
- With PROJ 6+, the order of coordinates for EPSG geographic coordinate reference systems is latitude first,
longitude second. If you don't want to make large code changes, you can replace code like
$ npm install gdal-next --save
By default all dependencies are the latest versions and bundled out of the box, but if you would like to link against a pre-installed gdal you can use these flags when installing:
# requires libgdal-dev (debian: sudo apt-get install libgdal-dev)$ npm install gdal-next --build-from-source --shared_gdal
const gdal =const dataset = gdalconsoleconsoleconsoleconsoleconsole
const gdal =const dataset = gdalconst layer = datasetlayersconsoleconsoleconsoleconsole
- This binding is not async, so it will block node's event loop. Be very careful (or avoid) using it in server code. We recommended using tools like worker-farm to push expensive operations to a seperate process.
Before submitting pull requests, please update the tests and make sure they all pass.
$ make test # test against bundled gdal$ make test-shared # test against shared gdal
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.