Drop-in replacement for
fs.existsSyncwith zero dependencies. Other libs I found either have crucial differences from fs.existsSync, or unnecessary dependencies. See README.md for more info.
Install with npm:
$ npm install fs-exists-sync --save
var exists = ;console;//=> trueconsole;//=> trueconsole;//=> trueconsole;//=> falseconsole;//=> falseconsole;//=> false
Why another "exists" lib?
I just want a simple replacement for
fs.existsSync. Here is what I found:
- path-exists: Has dependencies to support a promises API
- fs-exists: async only
- file-exists: returns
falseif the path exists but is a directory.
- exists: nothing to do with
You might also be interested in these projects:
- is-absolute: Polyfill for node.js
path.isAbolute. Returns true if a file path is absolute. | homepage
- parse-filepath: Pollyfill for node.js
path.parse, parses a filepath into an object. | homepage
- try-open: Tries to open a file using fs.openSync (only necessary with sync), fails gracefully if the… more | homepage
Pull requests and stars are always welcome. For bugs and feature requests, please create an issue.
Generate readme and API documentation with verb:
$ npm install verb && npm run docs
Or, if verb is installed globally:
Install dev dependencies:
$ npm install -d && npm test
This file was generated by verb, v0.9.0, on April 09, 2016.