ES6 Harmony Collections
The aim of this repository is to provide an unobtrusive, performances oriented shim for ES6 collections such Map and Set for node.js and Browserify.
Collections using weak references such as WeakMap are not present as they can't always be efficiently or correctly implemented without native support.
- compatible with node.js, and both all browsers and Rhino through Browserify (
npm install es6-unweak-collections).
- If native collections are present, they're returned instead rather than the shims.
- size and performances oriented polyfill.
- The original es6-collections project that this is based on.
- the bigger and rich in dependencies WeakMap shim from Mark S. Miller, the best attempt to avoid undesired memory leaks. Bear in mind some leak is still possible plus Object natives are wrapped plus it brings WeakMap only
- the unfortunately and so far slower and heavier, memory usage speaking, alternative from Benvie Harmony Collections Shim
- differently implemented Map and Set (no WeakMap) from Paul Millr, together with few others ES6 prototypes
- another attempt based on valueOf to avoid IE enumerability, still problematic with unknown objects but less leaks prone from Gozala
$ mocha or
$ npm test from the project’s folder in terminal.
es6-collections and the rest of the project is under Mit Style License
Copyright (C) 2011 by Andrea Giammarchi, @WebReflection Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.