- In production, it ensures that the
file://protocol (which Electron uses to load your static assets in the renderer process) works properly with your Next.js bundle (generated by
- While developing, it takes care of the whole flow required for building the renderer code
Firstly, install the package using any node package manager:
yarn add electron-next
Then load it:
const prepareRenderer =
As the final step, call the package:
<path>: The path to the directory containing the renderer (relative to the app's root directory). If the paths for development and production aren't the same, this can be an object holding a
productionkey with their respective paths (string|object).
<port>: Used for running Next.js in development (number, optional, defaults to
Caught a Bug?
- Fork this repository to your own GitHub account and then clone it to your local device
- Link the package to the global package directory:
- Within the electron app of your choice, link it to the dependencies:
npm link electron-next. Instead of the default one from npm, it will now use your local clone of the package!
- Leo Lamprecht (@notquiteleo)