See documentation on electron.build.
- NPM packages management:
- Code Signing on a CI server or development machine.
- Auto Update ready application packaging.
- Numerous target formats:
- All platforms:
- Linux: AppImage, snap, debian package (
portable(portable app without installation), AppX (Windows Store), MSI, Squirrel.Windows.
- All platforms:
- Publishing artifacts to GitHub Releases, Amazon S3, DigitalOcean Spaces and Bintray.
- Advanced building:
- Docker images to build Electron app for Linux or Windows on any platform.
- Proton Native support.
- Downloads all required tools files on demand automatically (e.g. to code sign windows application, to make AppX), no need to setup.
|“I want to configure electron-builder”||See options|
|“I have a question”||Open an issue or join the chat|
|“I found a bug”||Open an issue|
|“I want to support development”||Donate|
yarn add electron-builder --dev
Quick Setup Guide
Specify the build configuration in the
Add the scripts key to the development
Then you can run
yarn dist(to package in a distributable format (e.g. dmg, windows installer, deb package)) or
yarn pack(only generates the package directory without really packaging it. This is useful for testing purposes).
To ensure your native dependencies are always matched electron version, simply add script
"postinstall": "electron-builder install-app-deps"to your
If you have native addons of your own that are part of the application (not as a dependency), set nodeGypRebuild to
Please note that everything is packaged into an asar archive by default.
For an app that will be shipped to production, you should sign your application. See Where to buy code signing certificates.
We do this open source work in our free time. If you'd like us to invest more time on it, please donate. Donation can be used to increase some issue priority.