Cordova plugin for SumUp SDK
This plugin provides the functionality from the SumUp API for the SumUp payment terminals.
At the moment the plugin is only available for Android. iOS support will be added soon.
If something is wrong with the plugin feel free to open an issue or make a pull request.
Add the plugin with the following command:
cordova plugin add cordova-sumup-plugin --variable SUMUP_API_KEY=INSERT_YOUR_KEY
SUMUP_API_KEY is the Affiliate Key which was created in the SumUp Dashboard.
If you want to change your Affiliate Key on runtime, just install the plugin like this:
cordova plugin add cordova-sumup-plugin --variable SUMUP_API_KEY=""
Make sure, the SUMUP_API_KEY value is an empty string.
If you are in development you can request test credentials. With this credentials your card (Debit- or creditcard) will not be charged. Just write a mail to:
Get global access to the plugin methods with the keyword SumUp.
If you are using Ionic , use the Ionic Native Wrapper. Install it with
npm install @ionic-native/sum-up.
Import the plugin in your app.module:
And import and use it in every of your components:
If you want to try the example first, you can read more here
SumUpKeysaccessToken?: number;affiliateKey?: string;
User will be logged in, in his SumUp account. The parameter for the login method is a SumUpKeys Object. Default, it contains two empty string values. Both values are optional.
- If the accessToken is not provided, the user has to type in his SumUp Login credentials.
- If it is provided, to login will be done automatically if the access token is valid.
Read more how to create and renew an access token: Create an access token
If you want to change your affiliateKey on runtime, make sure you've added the plugin in the correct way. Like described in Installation.
Now you can set your affiliate key value on the object.
Authenticates the account with the given access token. Parameter accessToken is required.
Opens a new window with the all account settings of an logged in user.
Logout a user from the account.
Checks whether the user is logged in or not and returns an object with the field isLoggedIn which is a boolean value.
Prepares the terminal for a payment. Checks whether the CardReader is ready to tramsmit and if an instance of the CardReaderManager is available.
Tries to close the connection to the card terminal.
SumUp.pay(amount: number, currencycode: string)
Opens a native SumUp window to proceed a payment. Parameter amount and currencycode are required. If the Payment was successful it returns an SumUpPayment object with information about the payment.
NOTE: At the moment just the required parameter amount and currencycode are available in this plugin. SumUp supports some optional parameter like:
- additionalInfo(string, string)
additionalInfo can has any amount.
There are 3 types of responses from the plugin:
SumUpResponse: This response is fired from the plugin at every call. You'll get an code and an description message. In case of an exception the exception message is set to SumUpResponse.
SumUpResponsecode: number;message: string;
SumUpLoginStatus: It contains the code of the Response and an boolean value whether the user is logged in or not.
SumUpLoginStatuscode: number;isLoggedIn: boolean;
SumUpPayment: You'll get this response after a successful payment
SumUpPaymenttransaction_code: string;card_type: string;merchant_code: string;amount: number;tip_amount: number;vat_amount: number;currency: string;status: string;payment_type: string;entry_mode: string;installments: number;
Create an access token
In the SumUp Dashboard in the developer section create an app id.
- At the bottom of this page create OAuth - Create Client Credentials
- Select an application type, an application name and provide a callback URL
- Download the created JSON-File
- In the browser paste the following link with your client credentials and callback URL:
https://api.sumup.com/authorize ?response_type=code &client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID &redirect_uri=YOUR_CALLBACK_URL
- You'll be redirected to a SumUp Login page where you have to enter the credentials of your SumUp Account
- After the successful login you have to authorize the action to get an access token
- You'll be redirected to the provided URL. An code is set as a query paramter.
- This code is now valid for 60 seconds
- Copy the code an make an curl request with the following information
curl -X POST \ https://api.sumup.com/token \ -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \ -d 'grant_type=authorization_code'\ -d 'client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID'\ -d 'client_secret=YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET' \ -d 'code=CODE_FROM_QUERY_STRING'
- The response from this request is your access token. In the response object there is also an parameter called refresh_token. This refresh_token is valid for 6 months.
- The access token is valid for 60 minutes
- After the access token expired you can renew it with the following command:
curl -X POST \ https://api.sumup.com/token \ -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \ -d 'grant_type=refresh_token'\ -d 'client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID'\ -d 'client_secret=YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET' \ -d 'refresh_token=YOUR_REFRESH_TOKEN'
- If the refresh token is valid for less than 30 days and you make an access token request, the refresh token will also be renewed.
- If the refresh token is also invalid, you have to run through the process again
SumUp API Response Codes
|8||Not logged in|
|9||Duplicate foreign tx id|
|10||Invalid affiliate key|
|11||User is already logged in|
Plugin specific response codes
This plugins always returns an object with a status code to recognize if the operation was successful or not. These codes are starting at 100.
Here are all additional codes:
|102||Check for login status failed|
|104||Failed to close card reader connection|
|105||CardReader instance is not defined|
|106||Error while stop card reader|
|107||Show settings failed|
|109||Prepare payment error|
|110||Card reader is not ready to transmit|
|111||Error while preparing checkout|
|113||No access token|
|114||Authenticate was successful|
|115||Can't parse amount|
|116||Can't parse currency|
|118||No affiliate key available|
Invalid affiliate key
If you want to make a payment and get the "Invalid affiliate key" error in this process it could be, you have provided the false app id.
Make sure the app id you created in your SumUp dashboard is equal to the id from your config.xml
If you want to login with an access token, you must generate an access token like described here. After generating a valid access token insert it in index.js.
In examples/ionic is an example app with Ionic.
- Insert your own API_KEY (Affiliate Key) in the examples/ionic/package.json.
- Generate an access token if needed.
- Install the dependencies with
- Add a platform:
ionic cordova platform add [android, ios].
- Build the App:
ionic cordova build [android, ios].
- Install the .apk File on an Android device with
adb installor open the
xcworkspaceto run it on an iOS device.
- You can also run the app directly with
ionic cordova run [android, ios].
- 1.1.1: Updated SumUp Android SDK to version 3.2.1
- 1.1.0: Updated SumUp Android SDK to version 3.2.0
- 1.0.4: Added Ionic example app
- 1.0.2: Bugfix on successful payment response
- 1.0.1: Bugfix on CardReader transmission state
- 1.0.0: Initial version support for Android