If you're loving TypeScript then pop on down to our TypeScript Quick Start.
Alsatian is different
// no globals and typing support out of the box with intellisense;
Why would I use Alsatian?
The key question! Well Alsatian has a lot going for it here are just a few great things to note:
- All the awesome features you love from existing frameworks
- The TestCase decorator allows you to write smaller, DRY and more readable tests
- No globals!
- TAP support so you can use your favourite TAP reporter
- Great CI process, every pull request and push on every branch is scrutinised to ensure high quality
- 100% coverage all statements, lines, branches are covered in Alsatian tests
- Various services rate us very highly on lots of different factors, check out our badges
- Everything is documented in a friendly and simple way to help you get to the unit test setup of your dreams
- Active support - if you've got a question, a suggestion or found an issue let us know and we'll get back to you quickly
Also it's lightning fast, watch it run all of it's unit tests in super quick time!
Besides unit tests, what can I do with Alsatian
So many awesome things!
- write end to end tests with Selenium
- check your code coverage with NYC
- set up a wonderful CI process and give confidence in the quality of your product
- have the output look however you desire using TAP reporters
If at any time things are unclear or you think there may be something going wrong feel free to raise an issue and we'll be glad to get back to you with a solution quickly.
We're always glad to have help out with Alsatian, check out the guidelines
Alsatian has been released under the MIT license