Follow our docs here https://react-native-community.github.io/react-native-camera/
If you use this library on your commercial/personal projects, you can help us by funding the work on specific issues that you choose by using IssueHunt.io!
This gives you the power to prioritize our work and support the project contributors. Moreover it'll guarantee the project will be updated and maintained in the long run.
react-native-camera for enterprise
Available as part of the Tidelift Subscription
The maintainers of react-native-camera and thousands of other packages are working with Tidelift to deliver commercial support and maintenance for the open source dependencies you use to build your applications. Save time, reduce risk, and improve code health, while paying the maintainers of the exact dependencies you use. Learn more.
You can also fund this project using open collective
Support us with a monthly donation and help us continue our activities. [Become a backer]
Become a sponsor and get your logo on our README on Github with a link to your site. [Become a sponsor]
The comprehensive camera module for React Native.
- face detection (Android & iOS only)
- barcode scanning
- text recognition (optional installation for iOS using CocoaPods)
import RNCamera FaceDetector from 'react-native-camera';
How to use master branch?
We recommend using the releases from npm, however if you need some features that are not published on npm yet you can install react-native-camera from git.
yarn add react-native-camera@git+https://firstname.lastname@example.org/react-native-community/react-native-camera.git
npm install --save react-native-camera@git+https://email@example.com/react-native-community/react-native-camera.git
- Pull Requests are welcome, if you open a pull request we will do our best to get to it in a timely manner
- Pull Request Reviews are even more welcome! we need help testing, reviewing, and updating open PRs
- If you are interested in contributing more actively, please contact me (same username on Twitter, Facebook, etc.) Thanks!
- We are now on Open Collective! Contributions are appreciated and will be used to fund core contributors. more details
- If you want to help us coding, join Expo slack https://slack.expo.io/, so we can chat over there. (#react-native-camera)
To use the camera,
- On Android you must ask for camera permission:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" />
video recording feature you have to add the following code to the
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO"/><uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" /><uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
- On iOS, you must update Info.plist with a usage description for camera
...NSCameraUsageDescriptionYour own description of the purpose...
For more information on installation, please refer to installation requirements.
For general introduction, please take a look into this RNCamera.
Security contact information
To report a security vulnerability, please use the
Tidelift will coordinate the fix and disclosure.