This repo makes it convenient to start a serverless cloud function. We are assuming this to be a Cloud Function on Google Cloud Platform, but could be on any cloud provider supported by Serverless Framework.
Installation and setup
Stuff in the root won't need to be installed, unless you want to run Serverless to set anything up. Otherwise, for deploying to GCP, do the following:
- Go to the
- Install dependencies with
- Go to the Google Cloud console and set up a project using the Humblebee cloud account
- Enable the Cloud Functions API in the IAM panel to the left
- Go to the Firebase console and set up a project or link to the correct project created in the previous step
/.firebasercto point to that project
- Go to Google and get a keyfile, place it in the
- Point the
server/index.jsto the keyfile
- Deploy with
npm run deploy.
Note: Use NPM in the server folder if deploying to Google!
Yarn will cause errors on GCP if used. Therefore, make sure to add dependencies and running scripts in the
server folder by using NPM.