The fork is intended to provide a middle ground when transitioning from RxJs V4 to RxJs V5.
- Renamed methods have an alias with the old name
- Operators that have the same name but the behavior/arguments changed have been modified to match rxjs v4
- Some removed operators have been re implemented
- Static methods also ported over. Disposables, TestScheduler
- Code changes have been commented with
- Code of Conduct
- Contribution Guidelines
- Maintainer Guidelines
- Creating Operators
- Migrating From RxJS 4 to RxJS 5
- API Documentation (WIP)
Versions In This Repository
- master - commits that will be included in the next major release (breaking changes)
- next - commits that will be included in the next minor or patch release
Most PRs should be made to master, unless you know it is a breaking change.
By contributing or commenting on issues in this repository, whether you've read them or not, you're agreeing to the Contributor Code of Conduct. Much like traffic laws, ignorance doesn't grant you immunity.
Installation and Usage
ES6 via npm
npm install rxjs
To import the entire core set of functionality:
To import only what you need by patching (this is useful for size-sensitive bundling):
;;;Observable; // etc
To import what you need and use it with proposed bind operator:
Note: This additional syntax requires transpiler support and this syntax may be completely withdrawn from TC39 without notice! Use at your own risk.
;;;Observable::of123::; // etc
CommonJS via npm
To install this library for CommonJS (CJS) usage, use the following command:
npm install rxjs
Import all core functionality:
var Rx = ;RxObservable; // etc
Import only what you need and patch Observable (this is useful in size-sensitive bundling scenarios):
var Observable = Observable;// patch Observable with appropriate methods;;Observable; // etc
Import operators and use them manually you can do the following (this is also useful for bundling):
var of = of;var map = map;map;
You can also use the above method to build your own Observable and export it from your own module.
All Module Types (CJS/ES6/AMD/TypeScript) via npm
To install this library via npm version 3, use the following command:
npm install @reactivex/rxjs
This will include CJS/Global builds and can be used for all module types.
If you are using npm version 2 before this library has achieved a stable version, you need to specify the library version explicitly:
npm install @firstname.lastname@example.org
For CDN, you can use unpkg:
var Rx = ;RxObservable;
- Provide better performance than preceding versions of RxJS
- To model/follow the Observable Spec Proposal to the observable.
- Provide more modular file structure in a variety of formats
- Provide more debuggable call stacks than preceding versions of RxJS
The build and test structure is fairly primitive at the moment. There are various npm scripts that can be run:
- build_es6: Transpiles the TypeScript files from
- build_cjs: Transpiles the ES6 files from
- build_amd: Transpiles the ES6 files from
- build_global: Transpiles/Bundles the CommonJS files from
- build_all: Performs all of the above in the proper order.
- build_perf: builds ES6, CommonJS, then global, then runs the performance tests with
- build_docs: generates API documentation from
- build_cover: runs
istanbulcode coverage against test cases
- test: runs tests with
- tests2png: generates PNG marble diagrams from test cases.
npm run info will list available script.
# build all the things!npm run build_all
npm run build_perf or
npm run perf to run the performance tests with
npm run perf_micro [operator] to run micro performance test benchmarking operator.
RxNext uses ESDoc to generate API documentation. Refer to ESDoc's documentation for syntax. Run
npm run build_docs to generate.
Generating PNG marble diagrams
npm run tests2png requires some native packages installed locally:
For Mac OS X with Homebrew:
brew install imagemagick
brew install graphicsmagick
brew install ghostscript
- You may need to install the Ghostscript fonts manually:
- Download the tarball from the gs-fonts project
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/ghostscript && tar zxvf /path/to/ghostscript-fonts.tar.gz -C /usr/local/share/ghostscript
For Debian Linux:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway
apt-get install imagemagick
apt-get install graphicsmagick
apt-get install ghostscript
For Windows and other Operating Systems, check the download instructions here: